Building Maintenance Operative (Carpentry Background)
- Hereford, Herefordshire
- Herefordshire Housing
- Job type:
- Full Time
- £23,297 per annum
- Closing date:
- 3rd Jul 2018 at 23:55
37 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract up to 2 years
Do you want to work for a dynamic, expanding and customer focused commercial organisation?
We are looking for experienced building maintenance colleagues with a variety of trade skills to join our team. The successful candidates will require a wide range of general maintenance skills allowing you to undertake repairs to both domestic and commercial properties.
The role will primarily be carrying out general maintenance to our housing stock. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Completion of a trade based apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
- Sound knowledge of general repairs & maintenance within a domestic housing setting.
- Proven experience in Kitchen and Bathroom installations.
- Basic ICT skills using desktop and hand held devices.
- A full driving licence.
- Be customer focused and flexible towards the demands of the business.
In return we will offer you an excellent remuneration and T&C package, including:
- Use of company vehicle.
- Attractive pension Scheme.
- Westfield Health Scheme.
- 25 days’ annual leave plus statutory public holidays, increasing with length of service.
- Training and development opportunities.
- 37 Hours per week – Mon to Fri and occasional Sat (time off in lieu).
All individuals are expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to their job and may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of their job and their level of responsibility.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 3rd July 2018
Shortlisting Date: 4th July 2018
Interview Date: 11th July 2018
For informal enquiries only please contact Bob Jones Voids Manager on 01432 384131.
The closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment. If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the closing date then you should assume your application has not been successful.