- Hereford, Herefordshire
- Herefordshire Housing
- Job type:
- Full Time
- £25,856 per annum
- Closing date:
- 29th May 2018 at 23:55
37 hours a week
Looking for a fresh challenge, to join a successful Housing team?
Do you enjoy resolving problems, thrive in an ever changing environment, have a passion for customer service and a positive attitude?
If so, we want to hear from you…
Customer Account Managers (Housing Officers) provide a proactive and responsive customer focused housing management service to deliver continuous improvement in performance. This role also involves:
- Direct contact with communities and customers
- Managing tenancies
- Signposting and supporting individuals
- Prevention or early intervention to sustain tenancies
- Use of the latest technology - working out and about
- Fast paced and varied working environment
We are looking for people with:
- Professional and flexible attitude to work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Focused to succeed, with right first time approach
- Strong numerical skills
- Customer centered and can do approach
- Logical approach
Due to the nature of this role it is essential to hold a full UK Driving license and have the ability to travel throughout Herefordshire
In return we provide:
- Supportive working environment, to help you reach your full potential
- Flexible working (to suit business needs)
- Attractive annual leave package
- Health cashback scheme
- Trusting environment to manage workload and achieve
- Training opportunities
- Complimentary refreshments
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 29th May 2018
Shortlisting date: 30th May 2018
Interview date: 6th June 2018
For informal enquiries only please contact Mike Shaw or Geoff Layton, Senior Customer Account Manager on 0300 777 4321.
The Job Description and Person Specification state Customer Account Manager, this is the formal internal job title.
The closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment. If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the closing date then you should assume your application has not been successful.