Building Maintenance Operative (Carpentry Background)
- Hereford, Herefordshire
- Herefordshire Housing
- Job type:
- Full Time
- £23,066 per annum
- Closing date:
- 6th Mar 2018 at 23:55
37 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract up to 2 years
Do you want to work for a dynamic, expanding and customer focused commercial organisation?
We are looking for experienced building maintenance colleagues with a variety of trade skills to join our team. The successful candidates will require a wide range of general maintenance skills allowing you to undertake repairs to both domestic and commercial properties.
The role will primarily be carrying out general maintenance to our housing stock. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Completion of a trade based apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
- Sound knowledge of general repairs & maintenance within a domestic housing setting.
- Proven experience in Kitchen and Bathroom installations
- Basic ICT skills using desk top and hand held devises.
- A full driving license.
- Be customer focused and flexible towards the demands of the business
In return we will offer you an excellent remuneration and T&C package, including:
- Use of company vehicle
- Attractive pension Scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays, increasing with length of service
- Training and development opportunities
- 37 Hours per week – Mon to Fri and occasional Sat (time off in lieu)
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 6th March 2018
Shortlisting Date: 7th March 2018
Interview Date: 14th March 2018
For informal enquiries only please contact Bill Jamie, Repairs Team Leader on 01432 384082.
The closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment. If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the closing date then you should assume your application has not been successful.